This recipe is from my friend’s mother. She also took and send the picture.
The picture talks for itself.
- Japanese eggplant
- 2 onions
- Green pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
For the meatballs
- Ground beef
- Ground onion
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese
- Cooking oil
- Wash and pat dry the eggplants. Peel half of the skin of he eggplants. It should look like the fur of a zebra.
- Cut the eggplants diagonally, just to make openings for meatball. Do not separate the pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatball and make a meat dough.
- Cut the onions crosswise. Put them at the bottom of a frying pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes, sliced green peppers and 1 tbsp cooking oil.
- Shape meatballs and put them at the openings on the eggplants.
- Place the stuffed eggplants to the frying pan.
- Add about 1 cup of water and cook it at low heat.