A refreshing drink for hot summer days.
One of my friends send the recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 4 cups (about 3 large stalks) coarsely chopped fresh rhubarb
- About 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 scant tablespoons lemon juice
1. In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil.
2. Add rhubarb.
3. Return to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add lemon zest and stir gently.
5. Strain into a bowl, allowing pulp to drain for 10 minutes without pressing.
6. Pour liquid into a pitcher and add lemon juice. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. (This can be made several days in advance.)
To serve, mix one portion syrup with an equal portion of regular or unflavored sparkling water.